All 50 Bring the Classics to Life Series Sampler Bundle of Books. 1 of each title reading levels 1.0-6.0.
These classic novels have been adapted into 10 short chapters that will excite the reluctant reader as well as the enthusiastic one. Key words are defined and used in context. Multiple-choice questions require the student to recall specific details, sequence the events, draw inferences from story context, develop another name for the chapter, and choose the main idea.
Let the Classics introduce Kipling, Stevenson, and H.G. Wells. Your students will embrace the notion of Crusoe's lonely reflections, the psychological reactions of a Civil War soldier at Chancellorsville, and the tragedy of the Jacobite Cause in 18th Century Scotland. In our society, knowledge of these Classics is a cultural necessity.
- Improves fluency, vocabulary and comprehension
- High Interest/Low Readability
- Each workbook may be used on a consumable basis or reproduced for multiple usage
- Is divided into 10 short chapters
- Was written using McGraw-Hill's Core Vocabulary
- Has been measured by the Fry Readability Formula
- Includes 100 comprehension questions that test for main idea, critical thinking, inference, recalling details and sequencing
- Has 60 vocabulary exercises in modified Cloze format
- Defines and uses in context new vocabulary, prior to each chapter
- Includes complete answer keys for comprehension and vocabulary exercises
- Contains 72 pages with exciting illustrations
Set 1 (Reading Level 1.0 – 1.9) Workbooks
White Fang, Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm, Little Women, Swiss Family Robinson, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Rip Van Winkle, Heidi, Uncle Tom’s Cabin, Jungle Book, and A Christmas Carol.
Set 2 (Reading Level 2.0 – 2.9) Workbooks
Black Beauty, Tom Sawyer, The Call of the Wild, Treasure Island, The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood, The Prince and the Pauper, Man Without a Country, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Silas Marner, and Around the World in 80 Days.
Set 3 (Reading Level 3.0 – 3.9) Workbooks
Robinson Crusoe, Red Badge of Courage, Kidnapped, Invisible Man, The Man in the Iron Mask, The War of the Worlds, Sea Wolf, Oliver Twist, A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur’s Court, and Frankenstein.
Set 4 (Reading Level 4.0 – 4.9) Workbooks
Captains Courageous, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, Time Machine, Gulliver's Travels, 20,000 Leauges Under the Sea, The Pathfinder, From the Earth to the Moon, David Copperfield, The Pioneers, and A Picture of Dorian Gray.
Set 5 (Reading Level 5.0 – 5.9) Workbooks
Metropolis, Last of the Mohicans, Moby Dick, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, A Journey to the Center of the Earth, Kim, The Hound of the Baskervilles, The Count of Monte Cristo, A Tale of Two Cities, and Ivanhoe.